skip to main content

Office of the Registrar

The University of Mississippi

2021 Spring Registration Information

Academic Calendar

Go to UM Registrar and select Academic Calendars to see the schedule for spring 2021.

Course Schedule

Go to and select Guest Access, or sign in using your Ole Miss WebID. Select the Course Registration workset.  Select course schedule. Select the academic term and year you wish to view.

About Registration

All registration is completed online. Complete instructions on how to register and make schedule adjustments (drop/add) are explained later in this publication.

Priority Registration

Priority registration begins Nov. 2 and is open to any continuing student, to former students who have been readmitted and to new graduate students who have been fully admitted. Each student should make an appointment with his or her academic adviser and develop a schedule for the spring term during that week, making sure to include two or three substitute courses in case some first-choice courses are not available. New and new transfer students to the Oxford campus will participate in an orientation session, where they will be advised and their adviser hold will be released. These students will not need to schedule an appointment ahead of time.

Academic Advising

Academic advising must be completed by any continuing student, former students who have been readmitted and new graduate students who have been fully admitted before they can select classes. These students should make an appointment with their adviser prior to or during the advising period.

Advising Coordinator Information

College or School Advising Coordinator Location Telephone
Health Professions Dr. Sovent Taylor 359 Martindale 915-1674
Accountancy Hillary Goulding 200C Conner 915-5009
Business Administration Beth Whittington 220 Holman 915-5820
Education Whitney Webb 107 Guyton Annex 915-7382
Law School Eddie Upton 2068 Law School 915-7361
Pharmacy Kris Harrell 1023 NPC 915-7996
General Studies Christie Rogers Jackson Avenue Center 915-3135
Freshman Studies Center for Student Success & First Year Experience 350 Martindale 915-5970

Advising Information by School

Liberal Arts Students in the College of Liberal Arts will be advised by a faculty member. They may identify their advisers by checking the Web.
Applied Sciences Students in the School of Applied Sciences will be advised by a faculty member. They may identify their advisers by checking the Web.
Engineering Students in the School of Engineering will be advised by a faculty member. They may identify their advisers by checking the Web.
Journalism Students in the School of Journalism and New Media will be advised by a faculty member. They may identify their advisers by checking the Web.
Graduate School Graduate students should consult their advisers instead of the Graduate School.

Schedule adjustment (drop/add).

During the spring term, students may add courses through the fifth day in which classes meet. During the spring short terms, students may add through the third class day. See the Academic Calendar for the last possible day to register or to add classes. Any deviation from this policy is made only under extraordinary circumstances approved by the dean of the school or college in which the student is enrolled.

Dates for schedule adjustment (drop/add) are listed in the Academic Calendar.

There is a charge for any schedule adjustment made after the last official day to add or drop classes. Beginning on that date, each transaction (each drop and each add) will incur a charge of $10, which will be added to the student’s account with the bursar (student billing and receivables). Refer to the academic calendar for these dates.

Students must use the Web to register for courses.

Use this link to find locations for computers available to the public.

How to Register

  • Step 1 — Develop a schedule with your adviser. You must meet with your adviser to receive important instructions prior to accessing the registration system. See locations above.
  • Step 2 — You will go to to register. Sign in using your Ole Miss WebID. Find detailed instructions on how to register here.
  • Step 3 — When you have completed registration, be sure to close your browser so no one else may access your schedule.

SPECIAL NOTE: If you enrolled in an ONLINE course, you are responsible for checking your Ole Miss email account for information about accessing the class. For more information on online courses, go to Ole Miss Online.

Back to Top

Notice on Billing and Payment of Fees

Phase 1 Registration Period

  • Tuition and fees will be billed on your monthly bursar statement. These bills will be emailed to your UM issued email address.
  • The dates for Phase 1 are as follows:
    • Spring and First Spring term: Nov. 2, 2020 – Nov. 30, 2020
    • Second Spring term: Nov. 2, 2020 – Feb. 28, 2021

Phase 2 Registration Period

  • Students who register during the Phase 2 registration period will be billed on the next monthly bursar statement. These bills will be emailed to your UM issued email address.
  • A nonrefundable registration fee of $50 will be assessed during this period.
  • The dates for Phase 2 are as follows:
    • Spring and First Spring term: Dec. 1, 2020 – Jan. 18, 2021
    • Second Spring term: March 1, 2021 – March 15, 2021

Phase 3 Registration Period

  • Students who register during the Phase 3 registration period will be billed on the next monthly bursar statement. These bills will be emailed to your UM issued email address.
  • A nonrefundable registration fee of $100 will be assessed during and after this period.
  • The dates for Phase 3 are as follows:
    • Spring term: Jan. 19, 2021 – Feb. 1, 2021
    • First Spring term: Jan. 19, 2021 – Jan. 21, 2021
    • Second Spring term: March 16, 2021 – March 18, 2021

Payment Due Date

  • Full payment of Spring, First Spring, and Second Spring tuition and fees is due on December 15, 2020 (However, see payment plan information from the Bursar’s website.)
  • This due date remains the same for all of the registration periods (Phases 1, 2 and 3).
  • Payment of the full account balance must be received by the due date to avoid service fees.
  • A monthly service fee (1.5%) will be assessed on charges that are unpaid by the payment due date.
  • If you pay by mail, please mail your payment at least five (5) business days prior to the due date to ensure it is received by the due date.
  • Your account must be current for you to register for future enrollment periods. “Current” means that tuition and fees for the current and previous enrollment periods are paid in full, and all other charges are less than 30 days old.
  • The University of Mississippi reserves the right to cancel a student’s registration for nonpayment of tuition and fees for a previous enrollment period.

You may pay your account or change your billing address online at

Payment Plan Options:

Option 1:  Pay balances in full by the due date of December 15.

  • Experience no delay in registering for Summer or Fall classes
  • Avoid service fees

Option 2:  Spread balances over the semester and make payments on December 15, January 15, and February 15.

  • No enrollment fees
  • No fees if paid within 90 days
  • No sign up required
  • Experience no delay in registering for Summer or Fall classes if all payments are made

Failure to pay in full by 2/15 results in a hold being placed on the account.  Service fees accrue beginning 2/28.

Accounts must be current before registering for Summer or Fall classes.

Contact the Bursar’s Office with any questions at or 800-891-4596.

Back to Top

Final Examination Schedule, Spring 2021

Go to the Registrar website and click on Final Exam Schedules to see the final exam schedule for spring 2021.

Back to Top

Privacy Act

Notification of Privacy Rights Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (General Education Provisions Act, Sec. 438, Pub. L. 90-247, Title IV, as Amended).

Students’ Rights Under FERPA.

Subject to limitations specified in the Act, eligible students are assured the following rights pertaining to their educational records.

  • The right to inspect and review their records, to request reasonable explanations and interpretations of them, and to obtain copies of them at their own expense. Students may request their records from the Office of the Registrar or from any other office on campus where education records are kept. The university will either allow the student to inspect the records or will provide copies to the student within a reasonable amount of time.  If the records are not subject to disclosure under FERPA, the university will provide the student with an explanation for the non-disclosure.
  • The right to seek correction of records that are believed to be inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student’s privacy rights. If the university denies the request to amend, then the student has the right to ask for a formal hearing on the matter. (This policy does not cover grade appeals which are covered by university policy ACA.AR.600.002, Academic Grade Appeal Policy and Procedure.)
  • The right to control the disclosure of personally identifiable information from their records to third parties. To authorize a disclosure, students should provide the university with a signed, dated, written consent that specifies the records that may be disclosed and identifies the party to whom the disclosure may be made. Students may also electronically allow the release of their educational records on an ongoing basis (such as to parents or guardians) through MyOleMissStudents electronically authorizing the disclosure of records must identify both the individual entitled to receive records and the type of records subject to disclosure.  This authorization may be revoked at any time by the student.
  • The right to file with the U.S. Department of Education a complaint alleging failure by the university to comply with the requirements of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
  • For additional information about students’ rights, see 34 C.F.R. §99 et. seq. or contact the Office of the Registrar.

Directory Information.

Certain educational records are considered “directory information.” Directory information may be disclosed by the university without a student’s consent unless the student has “opted out” of such disclosures (see below).  The university treats the following information about eligible students as directory information subject to release.

  • Name, home and local address, published telephone listing, email address, date of birth, photograph.
  • School or college, classification (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student), dates of attendance, awards, degrees and honors, date graduated, and the most recent educational agency or institution attended.
  • Participation in officially recognized activities and sports, fraternity and/or sorority affiliation and educational societies, and vital statistics, such as height and weight, for members of athletic teams.

Opting Out of the Release of Directory Information. 

A student may refuse the disclosure of any or all of the types of information designated above as Directory Information by submitting a written request to the Office of the Registrar.  Students may contact the Office of the Registrar at any time to make this request; however, the university is not responsible for disclosures of directory information made prior to a student’s notifying the Registrar of his or her decision to opt out.

Release of Education Records Not Requiring Consent

  • The university is authorized to provide access to student records to campus officials, employees and contracted agencies who have a legitimate educational interest in such access, without the student’s written consent. These persons are those who have responsibilities in connection with campus academic, administrative or service functions and who have reason for using student records connected with their campus or other related academic/administrative responsibilities as opposed to a personal or private interest. Such determination will be made on a case-by-case basis.
  • The university is authorized to disclose information from an educational record to appropriate parties, including parents, in connection with an emergency if knowledge of the information is necessary to protect the health or safety of the student or other individuals.
  • The university is authorized to disclose to the victim of an alleged perpetrator of a crime of violence or a non-forcible sex offense the final results of the disciplinary proceeding conducted by the university with respect to that alleged crime or offense. The university may disclose the final results of the disciplinary proceeding, regardless of whether the institution concluded a violation was committed. The university may disclose to a parent of a student the student’s violation of any Federal, State, or local law, or policy of the university, governing the use or possession of alcohol or a controlled substance if— (i) The university determines that the student has committed a disciplinary violation; and (ii) The student is under the age of 21 at the time of the disclosure to the parent.
  • For additional information about disclosures not requiring consent, such as disclosures to government agencies, see 34 C.F.R. §99 et. seq., or contact the Office of the Registrar.

Questions and Complaints

Questions regarding records, the release of information and/or to request a paper copy of the Privacy Act may be directed to the Office of the Registrar, The University of Mississippi, P.O. Box 1848, University, MS 38677.  The email address is, and the telephone number is 662-915-7792.

Students who wish to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education can send the complaint to Family Policy Compliance Office, U.S. Department of Education, 400 Maryland Avenue S.W., Washington, D.C. 20202.


Back to Top


2021 Winter Intersession Financial Aid

For student financial aid purposes, the university’s Office of Financial Aid considers winter intersession as a part of the spring semester. Awarding and disbursement of aid will be based on the combined number of hours in which students are enrolled. Awards will be credited for winter intersession/spring semester beginning January 14, 2021, which is after winter intersession has ended, so students should plan accordingly. (Law students will receive disbursements beginning January 5, 2021.)

To help with book and food expenses for winter intersession, students may be able to submit book/meal (Ole Miss Express) voucher requests via the Ole Miss Financial Aid website beginning January 4, 2021.  To see if you are eligible, please go to (Go to Student tab, navigate to the Financial Aid workset, and select Book and/or Meal Voucher from dropdown menu.)

Students attending winter intersession may request an increase to their cost of attendance by submitting the “Winter Intersession Professional Judgment” form. Increases in cost of attendance will be limited to tuition, books, and meals only.

Federal Financial Aid and the Attendance Verification Policy

Per federal regulations, you establish eligibility for aid only if you actually “SHOW UP” for your classes. Therefore, your presence in a class will be documented by the instructor through taking roll or by use of attendance ID scanners. This will be done at one of the class meetings within the first two weeks of class for a regular Fall/Spring semester. (Shorter time frames apply for mini-terms like Winter Intersession and summer sessions).

All courses must be verified. Note that this policy also applies to online classes, thesis/dissertation hours, labs, Study Abroad, and internships – although the methods of “attendance collection” are modified.

Processing of federal aid is affected by non-attendance in the following ways:

  • Once the semester starts, disbursement will be held until an instructor confirms that you have attended at least one class.
  • Financial Aid will “lock in” your enrollment for ALL sessions following the Mandatory Drop Date (MDD) of the very last session in which you enroll. Your attendance must have been verified in these classes.  These are the credit hours that will be used to determine your final aid eligibility for the term.
    • Special rules apply for Federal Pell, SEOG, and TEACH grants because the award amounts are based on your enrollment level. Any previously disbursed aid may have to be adjusted, which may mean reduced aid amounts and/or paybacks.
    • Disbursed Federal Direct Loans and PLUS Loans are subject to being reduced or paid back if the student does not have confirmed attendance on record for at least half-time enrollment in the combined term (OR if the Cost of Attendance is reduced during this adjustment).

On or after the MDD, you will be dropped from classes that you failed to attend. You will still be responsible for your tuition and fees. Please review the Academic Calendar to confirm the MDD for each term.

UM also designates 3 different types of F grade, based on attendance verification.

  • Earned F – The student “finished” the class.  It confirms that the student is not a withdrawal.
  • Abandonment F – The student did have attendance confirmed in the course at least one time, but they did not finish the class.
  • No Attendance F – No attendance was ever confirmed for this course.  It cannot be used to document eligibility for Title IV aid, and may necessitate paybacks. This course will not be included in the determination of Satisfactory Academic Progress, either.

For more information, please visit the Go To Class website.


Students can formally withdraw from the university online at, or they can provide written notification either via fax, mail, or in person to the Office of the Registrar.  Detailed information about the withdrawal process is provided in the Undergraduate Catalog.

All students should be aware that withdrawing can adversely affect financial aid eligibility.  The Office of Financial Aid can provide guidance in those cases.

  • For schedule cancellations (prior to the beginning of the semester or term), the student account will be charged back in full for all disbursed aid so that it can be returned to the source.
  • If withdrawal occurs during the University’s refund period (when tuition and fee refunds apply), all institutional aid that has credited to the student account must be repaid in full.  Please refer to the Academic Calendar for the appropriate dates.
  • Some scholarships and grants (Academic Excellence, Academic Merit, MTAG, etc.) may be denied for the next term of attendance.
  • If a student withdraws after receiving federal aid, they may be required to repay all or a prorated portion of funds. This definition applies to the Title IV programs (Pell Grant, SEOG, TEACH, Work-Study, Direct Loans, and Plus Loans – but not Work-Study).  See the following section on “Return of Title IV Funds”, which explains the calculation.   Students are considered to have “withdrawn” if they do not complete all the days in the enrollment period that they were scheduled to complete.  For purposes of federal aid, the following are all considered “withdrawals”:
    • An official withdrawal is defined as dropping all credit hours down to zero during the course of a semester or term, which provides formal notification that attendance has ceased. This definition does not apply to situations where individual courses are dropped while overlapping enrollment is still being maintained in other classes.
    • Because the OFA rolls mini-sessions (also known as “modules”) into a combined term for Fall (Fall 1, Fall 2, and the regular full-length Fall Semester), Spring (Winter Intersession plus Spring 1, Spring 2, and the regular Spring Semester) and Summer (May Intersession, First Summer, Full Summer, Second Summer, and August Intersession), withdrawal also occurs when a student completes one or more modules but fails to enroll in a subsequent module where attendance had been expected (and aid had been awarded on that basis). For example:
      • If a student receives aid based on enrollment in both First Spring and Second Spring but drops and/or cancels classes or does not complete all mini-sessions, then a prorated portion of federal aid may need to be returned.
      • In addition, any aid that was based on the level of enrollment (full-time, ¾-time, ½-time, or less than ½-time) may have to be reduced.  (This is applicable to the Federal Pell Grant and Federal TEACH, among other aid programs.)
      • Also, the Cost of Attendance may have to be adjusted (for example, living expense allowances reduced) if the period of enrollment changes.
      • The only exception is if the Office of Financial Aid receives written confirmation that the student will return to complete a later mini-session in the semester.
    • Unofficial withdrawals occur when students simply stop attending classes during a term. Although the students did not formally withdraw from UM, they did not complete the period of enrollment for which federal aid was disbursed. The U.S. Department of Education mandates that universities develop a mechanism for determining whether a student who is a recipient of Title IV funds has ceased attendance without notification.   To meet this requirement, Financial Aid has created a term-based report that identifies all students who received federal aid and posted all “F,” “W” and/or “I” grades.  For students falling into these categories, we must determine if they actually began attendance, per the Attendance Verification Policy.  Students are processed as schedule cancellations (if never attended) or as unofficial withdrawals (if attended at least once, but then abandoned all courses without officially withdrawing).  Financial Aid will use the midpoint of the enrollment period as the default date for when attendance stopped, unless the student can document attendance past the midpoint.

Refund, repayment and withdrawal policies are subject to change, without notice, in order to comply with administrative and regulatory requirements.

Return of Federal Financial Aid Funds When Students Officially or Unofficially Withdraw

Special rules apply when students withdraw after receiving student financial aid (SFA) for the term from any of the following programs:

  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
  • TEACH Grant
  • Federal Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Loan
  • Federal Direct PLUS Loan (for graduate students)
  • Federal Direct PLUS Loan (for undergraduate students)
  • Other Title IV programs

These rules are federally mandated. Before the University of Mississippi can calculate any tuition/fee refunds to a student under the institutional refund policy (see the Academic Calendar for this policy, which is administered by the Office of the Bursar), the Office of Financial Aid must determine whether any financial aid funds should be paid back.

The Higher Education Amendments of 1998 define withdrawal as failure to complete the period of attendance on which federal aid eligibility was based. Therefore, this policy affects not only those individuals who complete the formal withdrawal notification process (as specified by the registrar), but also those students who simply stop attending classes. In either case, when a recipient of Title IV funds ceases attendance during a term, the university must calculate how much SFA was earned by the student.

A percentage is determined by the following formula:

Number of calendar days completed in the term as of the date of withdrawal
Total number of calendar days in the term

If this percentage is more than 60 percent, no paybacks will be processed. Students will have completed at least 60 percent of the term if they withdraw on or after the dates listed below:

  • Winter Intersession only:  January 11
  • Winter Intersession and First Spring:  February 7
  • First Spring only:  February 15
  • Winter Intersession and Spring:  March 15
  • Winter Intersession, First Spring and Second Spring:  March 22
  • Spring term only:  March 21
  • First and Second Spring terms:  March 26
  • Winter Intersession and Second Spring:  April 7
  • Second Spring only:  April 12

If the result is 60 percent or less, then this percentage is used to determine how much of the aid that was disbursed (or could have been disbursed) is considered earned. The remainder must be returned to the Title IV program(s). Return of funds is processed as outlined below.   (Please note:  Some academic programs hold classes on a different calendar from the traditional term.  If applicable, students may contact the Office of Financial Aid to determine the 60 percent point for their period of attendance.)

School Responsibility

The university must return the lesser of (1) the amount of SFA not earned or (2) the institutional costs (tuition, housing, etc.) that the student incurred multiplied by the percentage of SFA not earned.

Student Responsibility

The student (or parent, in the case of a PLUS loan) must repay the amount of unearned SFA remaining after the university has returned its share.

Allocation of Returned Funds

Unearned funds are first applied (paid back) to any Title IV loans borrowed during the term. As stipulated by federal regulations, funds are returned in the following order:

  • Federal Direct Unsubsidized loan
  • Federal Direct Subsidized loan
  • Federal Direct PLUS Loan (for graduate students)
  • Federal Direct PLUS loans (borrowed on the student’s behalf)

When the school must return loan funds to the lender on the student’s behalf (or parent’s, in the case of a PLUS loan), the student’s bursar account will be charged for this amount. When the federal calculation determines, instead, that it is the student’s (or parent’s) responsibility to return funds, the unearned Title IV loan funds are repaid in accordance with the terms of the loan.

If unearned funds remain after all loans have been repaid, the remaining unearned funds must be credited to Title IV programs in the following order:

  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal SEOG
  • TEACH Grant

When the school must return grant funds on the student’s behalf, the student’s bursar account will be charged for this amount. When the responsibility for repaying funds to the Title IV grant programs falls to the student, the student is required to return only 50 percent of the grant repayment as calculated using the federal formula. Grant over payments may be collected according to arrangements satisfactory to the school or by over payment collection procedures prescribed by the Department of Education.


Back to Top

The University of Mississippi complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.

Back to Top